Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council is committed to supporting its community to access the right help at the right time. There are a wide range of services available to families.
The vision for Merthyr Tydfil’s Early Help Hub is for:
• Families to have a central point of contact to discuss their preventative needs.
• A central coordination point for professionals to discuss preventative services for the families they are working with.
• Strong working links to allow third sector services to share their service information and any remit updates, supporting the utilisation of wider preventative services.
• A community who feel informed, comfortable and confident in seeking preventative support.
• Early assessment, proportionate to a family’s needs, to ensure a family is provided with the most appropriate service.
The Early Help Hub is now the referral route for our Team Around the Family model previously known as MIA.
How Can The Early Help Hub Support Professionals:
• Professionals can contact the Early Help Hub via email or telephone to have an anonymised case discussion so that guidance can be offered on services available to support a family.
• With a family’s consent professionals can complete a basic referral form which they can send via email to the Early Help Hub and a member of staff will contact the family to commence a ‘What matters’ discussion.
• The Early Help Hub’s contact details can be provided to families for them to contact the hub directly.
• The Early Help Hub Team will send out monthly newsletters providing information on services available within the Local Authority.
For more information, please contact:
Early Help Hub, Civic Centre, Castle Street, Merthyr Tydfil, CF47 8AN
Tel: 01685 725000 • Email: EarlyHelp.Hub@merthyr.gov.uk
If you have any news or up and coming events that you'd like to shout about, then please submit a post to Merthyr FIS by clicking the button belowSubmit News to Merthyr FIS